BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 27, 2007

"Random" acts of kindness...


I would just like to take this opportunity to tell you a little bit about my wonderful husband. Michael is a true gentlemen, a helper, a talented singer and musician, a lover of people, compassionate and oh-so handsome:) But I would like to highlight one of his main attributes today; Michael is truly selfless. This is one of the characteristics that really made me fall in love with him. It was pouring down rain this morning (and still is now, at 9:30am) and on his way to work, Michael saw a woman on the side of the road, trying to get shelter from the rain under a tree with hardly any leaves. Without hesitation, Michael pulled over and ran over to the woman and gave her his umbrella. This really reminded me of how much we need to be the hands and feet of Jesus to anyone we see in need...and how far it really goes. That woman could have been so touched by that act of kindness that she decided to do the same. Anyone watch the movie "Pay it Forward"? Anyway, I think it takes a lot more than just deciding that you are going to be Jesus to people in need...there is a true love for people that I am longing to have...that I believe can only truly come from God building that inside of us, the closer we get to Him. Anyway, didn't mean to preach, but I wanted to share this awesome story of a not-so-random act of kindness, and hopefully it will inspire you to do the same.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like you got a good man, Whit! :) Love you! ps... Kelee e-mailed me back and she said that she's going to send everyone a big e-mail once she can get to an internet cafe where it's cheaper. Let me know if you hear anything new!!

The Shirley's said...

What a great guy. Doesnt it just make your heart swell when your man does somthing that kind. Thanks for your little sermon it was inspiring. :)

Abigail and Ansley said...

I LOVE that picture! Sounds like such a sweetie!

Jillina said...

That's a keeper for sure.

Anonymous said...

That does not surprise me in the least, Michael is extremely kind hearted as are you Whitney!

Robin Mace said...

yeah i'm not surprised either! he is definitely a winner :)