BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 20, 2008

Update

Since there is a lot of craziness and transition in our life right now I thought I should give a brief update!

I recently was offered a job at a non-profit organization called Mercy Ministries of America, headquartered here in Nashville, and I accepted!! Mercy is a home for young girls who are troubled with either drugs, abuse, self-harm, eating disorders, depression, unplanned pregnancy and everything in between. Mercy gives these young women freedom from these things through teaching them who they are in Christ and His power to forever change their lives. It's an AMAZING place! I will be Director of Development and will be working primarily with developing donor relationships, and I'll be working mainly with new homes(as far as I know). There are lots of new homes being planted around the America (and also the World!) so my job will be to develop relationships with surrounding businesses, churches, and community leaders in the area of the home to form partnerships with them in supporting the home. I'm SO excited!!
Moving on, Michael and I are in the process of buying a new house! Yes, we did just buy our townhome a few months ago, but the plan was always to use this as a rental property. So we found an amazing deal in a new neighborhood very close to where we live now and are hoping to close at the end of the month! I know this is LONG overdue, but for those of you who have never seen our townhome, and because I want to document our first home purchase, here are some pics.
I will post pics of the new house when we close on it, but nothing is set in stone yet so I'm a little hesitant!! Stay tuned for that.
Our first home as a married couple...






Hallway looking into guest bedroom

Master bedroom (we haven't really done much decor wise to the upstairs, it's been a little neglected!)

So that's our little townhome! We love it but it's already feeling too small for us. We found someone to rent it out for a year in less than 5 minutes! No joke. We put it on Craigs List and within 5 minutes started getting calls and emails!! What a blessing!



That's what's going on in the Cantrell's lives right now! Thanks for checking in!!






3 comments:

Jenna said...

Good luck on the new house Whit! That is soooo exciting!

Lindsay said...

Congrats on the new job. I know a counselor there who you'll have to meet - Meredith Myers. Tell her I said hello!

Good luck with all of the changes!!

Kelee Chrisman Hall said...

update update whit whit..i check and check and there is nothing new :) love you