BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 5, 2008

South Africa pt Deux

Ok for some reason I am having trouble posting pics on this one and I'm tired of trying:) so...if you would like to see the rest of the SA pics you can view them here on my facebook page. Enjoy!

By the way, please keep Kelee and especially her host family in your prayers. 3 days after we left, a mob of 50 people came in the middle of the night and basically ambushed their home. Kelee, Michael and I had already left so none of us were there. They broke out all the windows and rolled burning tires into their house. Everyone is ok, but this is all about them blaming Kelee's host father for something he didn't do, mainly because he is "wealthy" and they are jealous. Everything is so political there. Anyway, Kelee cannot go back there after all those relationships she is built so I know she is just devestated. She is waiting for her next assignment living in Vryburg which is a town about 2 hours away I think. Praise God everyone was alright and that we weren't there when it happened!! I will keep you guys posted on where she will be assigned next. Please pray that God will lead her exactly where she needs to be, and to comfort the family as I know they are very shaken up. Thanks!

2 comments:

Jillina said...

Oh my goodness I can not imagine this. It sounds like something you see on TV not a story from a friend. Thanks for the update though, I'll def be praying about this.

Allie, Dearest said...

That's craziness.
I'm so glad you weren't there!