BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 31, 2007

An Overview of Our First Christmas

Well, our first Christmas as a married couple was definitely different than I expected, but a great one nonetheless. With losing one of my very best friends, it was definitely a sad time, very surreal, but when things happen in life that bring you to your knees (literally) you just can't help but cherish everyone you love so much more. Michael has been such an angel to me and a huge comfort. I love him so much. I don't know how people who don't know or believe in Jesus deal with pain, suffering and loss. I have an unexplainable (in worldly terms) sense of peace among my sadness because I know I will see Katie again one day. The Lord is so good to give us that hope.

I will give you all a quick overview of our Christmas holiday:

The weekend of Dec. 15th, we went to Louisville, KY (where Michael's parents live) and had an early Christmas with them. We went to the annual "Cantrell Christmas" and had a great time with extended family. Here is a pic of all the women And the men. None of the pictures turned out very well for some reason:(

The next weekend we went to Dalton, GA, where I grew up. After the funeral and everything, we got together at my friend Brittany's house. Annie, Katie's sister, and Jacob and Merriwether even came. It was good for all of us to be together and honor Katie. We looked at lots of old pictures and reminissed. This is a picture of all of my best friends from home and everyone's beautiful children. (left to right from top: Jill, Brittany, Annie, Melissa, Bethany, Me, Audrey, and Ashley) Below, Annie and me, she's holding Merriwether and I'm holding Ashley's baby boy, Zade.















Then, we started the family festivities. This was the first year that my parents have not lived in Dalton (they moved to Nashville this past summer) so we actually stayed with my aunt and uncle's house. It was very weird because my parents don't live there anymore, so we were ALL guests! But nonetheless, it was probably one of the best Christmas's we've had. One of our very favorite activities of the weekend was a crazy game of "Apples to Apples". As you can see, Michael is pretty pumped about his great hand:) If you've never played this game, I suggest you go out and get it. On Christmas Eve we played for 4 hours straight, laughing our heads off the whole time. My sister Kingsley and I formed an alliance, hehe. Here's a picture of our "Zoolander" faces. We were very mischieveous.

Here are some of the players highlighted:

My crazy dad (wearing my grandmother's oh so fashionable reading glasses for effect) She and my dad were tag teaming it.

My crazy aunts (mom's sisters, Lanie and Andy)

Mom, being silly as usual

Bro (Seaver)

We had to drink lots of coffee to be able to stay away for the FOREVER long card game!

Then we had our HUDSON family Christmas, which is traditionally on Christmas Eve. So my immediate family opened presents from each other. Michael was excited about getting Catch Phrase, Music Edition:)
The next morning we had our traditional breakfast at Jody and Papa's house (my grandparents). Here is a picture of Michael and me during "stocking time". Every person in my mom's side of the family has a stocking with lots of great surprises inside from Santa:) My aunt Lanie had made Michael one as well with his name stiched on it and everything! It was a great, great Christmas, and a wonderful first married Christmas for my precious hubby and me :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love "Apples to Apples"!

Jenna said...

I'm so glad your "1st Christmas Together" went so well. Sometimes it can be tough to get together with everyone, everywhere. You and Michael are just adorable!

David and Eryn said...

I love that we are friends. I love that we probably were playing a forever long game of apples to apples at the very same time. I won once. And if you want tips from Daivd-- lie your but off to win cards! One hand Betsy (my brothers girlfriend) got "magnetic" for her green card, and David decided to tell this elaborate lie about how Confusius (his red card he handed her) was the inventor of the magnet.....she almost believed him! love you:)

Anonymous said...

Whit- We had a great Christmas, and it was fun having a new son in the family! We are so blessed!
Love you soooooooooooooooo much

The Shirley's said...

This Thursday are we really going to have dinner? I am SOOOOO
EXCITED!!!!

Rebecca Fua said...

loved the update. miss you like crazy...really hope we can get together very soon. i think about you all the time. love you.