BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Kelee Update!

Thanks to Skype, I am able to talk to Kelee more than I ever dreamed! We've actually been talking once a week to once every two weeks at least. I miss her so! She is doing just great, and has already done some pretty cool things. She LOVES the family she's living with and she says that she lives with one of the more wealthy families in the village (which of course is nothing like "wealthy" to us).
She was also telling me about how in South Africa, especially where she is, it's like going back in time to the 60's as far as racism goes. When she meets the "white" Africans, they cannot believe that she's living with the "blacks" they say. Some of the things she was telling me were seriously blowing my mind...racism is a major problem there, but I know that Kelee can at least plant some seeds of equality with God's help.

I will post more pictures when she sends them to me. Keep our little ambassador for the Lord in your prayers!
Eating smores with one of the local women at a bonfire. (by the way, they are telling Kelee all the time that she is too skinny. Being fat is a beautiful trait in South Africa!)
(Right) This is Kelee receiving a gift from some locals. They all LOVE Kelee:)
I thought this was hilarious. Kelee came across a giant COW HEAD while walking through a kitchen one day! And if you know Kelee, this was probably very cool to see:)

4 comments:

Jillina said...

Great updates on Kelee. Don't you love skype? We talk to our friends in Paraguay with it - it's great!

chris anne said...

so glad to see that kelee is doing so well. thanks for keeping us updated on her. give her our love!

Courtney said...

Thanks for the update on Kelee! I worry about her being there, but I know she is doing good work! I will keep her in my prayers!

Becky said...

Thanks for posting those Whit! I miss her and worry about her all the time! I'll have to learn about this Skype thing... :) Send her my hugs and kisses next time you talk to her! (and thanks for checking in on me and Grace! She will be here soon!!!!!)