BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Possible New Business Venture...Diaper Cakes!!

I have made a couple of diaper cakes for my friends' baby showers over the past few months and have gotten a lot of compliments on them. Recently, people have been asking me to make them and have actually been paying me for it! So this really sparked my creative side and I think it would be so fun to start doing this on the side. They look great as center pieces on the gift or food table, as shown below. I have included pictures of 2 different diaper cakes I have made, so what do you think?

This first was the one I made for my friend Kristy's baby shower and how it looked on the table.

This next one was for my friend Lauren's sister. Both of these were for baby boy showers, and I haven't made a "girl" one yet but I would love to so if you know of someone that is having a girl please pass my info along! Thanks! (oh and I must give props to my friend Kate who initially gave me instructions on how to construct one of these! Thanks Kate!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, AMAZING. So I won't be needing any diaper cakes soon but when I do....I'm calling you!

chris anne said...

those look great whitney. and you wouldn't believe what some people charge for those things. i've seen them at swoozies and pear tree avenue for up to $100 before. good luck with it.

Anonymous said...

Ok please no Honeymoon baby! :)

Jenna said...

Whitney..those are adorable! I need to learn how to make one. Hope you have an awesome time in Africa!

Artsy Fartsy said...

Hey Whitney! I just wanted to tell you that I love those diaper cakes. They are such a great idea, and so practical. Don't be afraid to charge a fair price (and do like Chris Anne suggested - price out what's being sold in retail). Finally, it might sound cheesy, but look into getting some inexpensive (but cute!) business cards. I have a little apron business which started similarly to your venture (made some for family and for a bridal shower, and it went on from there), and people started asking me if I could sew them some. Once I got business cards made, my orders went up considerably!

Good luck with the biz, and hope you are doing well!